Novel – Brave New Audio - Pitch Submission Terms & Conditions
By submitting your pitch, you are agreeing to the following Terms & Conditions. If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions or anything about the opportunity, please direct your questions to Jess Swinburne at email@example.com.
1. This initiative is organised by SPG Productions Ltd trading as Novel, a company incorporated in England and Wales (company number 10327884) and whose registered office is at Third Floor (South), 17-21 Emerald Street, London, WC1N 3QN specialising in podcast productions (“we” / “us”).
2. Anyone over the age of 18 may submit a pitch.
3. Entrants should submit a 300 word synopsis of their idea. You will be asked to provide your name and any relevant information about you relating to your pitch.
4. All material should be submitted in English. Please do not submit confidential information. We will not keep your idea confidential as your idea may be copied and distributed to the relevant people at our company for evaluation. We do not wish to make your idea public, but a number of our specialists may review the idea and it may be discussed with individuals outside of Novel.
5. Submissions can only be accepted online via this form; postal or email pitch submissions will not be considered.
6. Entry for submission of pitches is open on an ongoing basis.
7. You must own the idea you are submitting and you cannot submit the idea of another person or party. Ideas and pitches must be original and can feature well known public figures from present day or from history and you can use real-life experiences as a creative springboard so long as your submission is original.
8. Entrants retain ownership of all rights that may subsist in their submissions so you can continue to use the material you contribute in any way until such time as we enter into a development agreement (if applicable).
9. In submitting your pitch, you confirm that you agree to all of the terms in these Terms & Conditions. You further agree that by submitting your pitch you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory or unlawful and does not infringe anyone else's rights (including privacy rights). You also confirm that your contribution does not unfairly promote or further any business activities and that there is no claim pending or threatened which involves your submission.
10. We agree to review your pitch when properly submitted. In return for your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, we will evaluate on a non-confidential basis your submitted materials. Following the preliminary evaluation, if we are interested in pursuing your pitch, you will be notified per our process. Should we decide to proceed with your pitch, we will request a full treatment for your pitch and any ideas contained therein which we will work with you on. Should this occur, we will provide you with our standard development agreement to be agreed in good faith.
11. We may receive other submissions which resemble your pitch and that in some cases similar or identical ideas may be generated independently, we accept no responsibility or liability for this and we are free to use these entries in any capacity in any media throughout the world.
12. We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations otherwise out of or in connection with this pitching opportunity for (i) any economic losses (ii) any loss of goodwill or reputation or (iii) any special or indirect or consequential losses, provided that nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees or other liability that cannot be excluded under applicable law.
13. There is no guarantee that we will be interested in developing your pitch further with you, but it will be considered equally alongside other submissions. If we are interested in working with you, we will be in touch as per our process to pursue a development agreement.
15. We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions or cancel this pitching opportunity at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of our control.
16. We, our sub-contractors, subsidiaries, agencies and/or any other organisation associated with your submission cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, Internet access, system or otherwise which may result in any submission being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
17. These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.